To Residents attention!
We would like to inform you that from 16th July 2018 the Basic price for one place at the dormitory will increase from 50 EUR to 60 EUR.
We want to remind that, Price for one place at the dormitory depends on:
- Basic price – the minimal price for one place at the dormitory, which is used as a basis for calculation of the prices for other rooms taking into consideration coefficients;
- Value of the coefficient of condition – it depends on the indexes of the condition of dormitory building, room, and room’s furniture, indexes of sanitary unit and type of kitchen, and is calculated according to the approved criteria;
- Coefficient or the room’s places – it depends on the number of places at the dormitory’s room.
The basic price is determined on the basis of the general economic situation. As you may notice – the prices of services and goods have significantly increased over the last two years, the minimum wage has increased several times. For the above reasons, in order to continue to ensure the investment in improvement of dormitory infrastructure, in coordination with the Department of Student Affairs, the KTU Student union and Dormitory Board the Basic price was revised and the new basic price is approved by the Order of the Rector of the University NR. A-355.
The detailed information about the new accommodation price of your place at the dormitory will provide your dormitory administrator – CONTACTS.
IF THE NEW PRICE IS TOO HIGH FOR YOU. In accordance to ensure the effective process of Basic price change and expressed concern of Dormitory Board:
- Current Residents, for whom the new accommodation price will be too high has an option to relocate to cheaper place at the same or another dormitory during period 4th July – 13th Regarding relocation, please write us – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students with difficult financial situation can apply for accommodation price compensation to the Student Information Center via e-mail email@example.com
New accommodation prices will come into force:
- To all newly accommodating students – from 16th July 2018
- To current Residents and those who will be relocating to cheaper place (until 13th July) – from 1st November 2018 (All Residents will be informed personally via academic e-mail regarding the price change).
- To current Residents who will be relocating after Freshman accommodation process – from the first day of the established relocation.
If you have additional questions: